Making Your Pulse Race! The new Raspberry Pi 3 B and pi-topPULSE Kit
DesignSpark has had a long association with Raspberry Pi based products and innovations, from the very early days of the first Raspberry Pi with relevant articles, projects and tech news for our readers, to the present day, DesignSpark has been there from the beginning.
This great kit combines the Raspberry Pi 3 B, which we all know and love, and the pi-topPULSE smart speaker. The pi-topPULSE speaker was designed for STEAM (science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Maths) based projects that involve lights, sounds and music.
The Raspberry Pi 3 B is a major upgrade over the original and the later series, featuring a 1.2GHz quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor, 1GB of LPDDR2 Ram, integrated Wifi and Bluetooth and more (if you didn’t know already!)
Raspberry Pi 3 B and pi-topPULSE Kit (146-6431) What’s in the box?
- Raspberry Pi 3 B (896-8660)
- pi-topPULSE (136-7934)
- MicroUSB Power Supply kit (909-8126)
- 16 GB micro-SD card with NOOBS (121-3897)
The PULSE Interfaces seamlessly with the pi-top and the pi-topCEED as well as operating as a HAT for the Raspberry Pi. Featuring a 2W built-in speaker, a fully configurable LED matrix and a microphone for recording music that is also Alexa compatible, you really can bring out the best in your Raspberry Pi projects with this great kit.
Pi-topPULSE, in a nutshell (136-7934)
- Fully programmable 7x7 RGB LED Array with a high refresh rate, ideal for animations +7 more LEDs around the pi-topPULSE casing.
- Built-in 2 Watt 4 Ohm speaker
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
- Sample music and record sound with the built-in Microphone
- Designed with STEAM projects in mind
- Raspberry Pi 3 and pi-top and pi-topCEED compatible
The pi-topPULSE is also available separately from RS Components should you wish to go it alone with your project creating ideas! (136-7934)
The DesignSpark branded range of Raspberry Pi compatible products are only available from RS Components, look out for more fantastic products coming your way soon. Watch this space!
Read more about our other DesignSpark branded product ranges: