How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
Share your project with us for the chance to win a £1000 cash prize!
Applications are now closed - WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Our Annual Student Project Competition is back! Engineering Students, showcasing your work is a key part of building your professional profile, it's an online and shareable record of the great work you have done.
Your project will no longer be immortalised as a massive report for no one to see, let's share it with the world!!
There are two cash prizes up for grabs - £1000 GBP for the winner and £500 GBP for the runner-up (or equivalent currency)
Have you already added content to DesignSpark this year (2022)? You can still apply using existing content, we just need the URL :-)
1. Make sure you are a DesignSpark Member - it's free!
2. Add your content to our Student Innovation area (create an article or project - guidance below)
3. Once your content is published, complete our simple application form and include the URL
Full terms and conditions are available to download at the bottom of this page.
Here are the criteria the judges will be scoring against, make sure you cover all of the areas for the maximum chance to win:
Your content includes the problem you were looking to solve, your approach, your learnings, and the overall outcome
Your content includes a variety of media to support the written text. i.e. videos, photos, 3D CAD, code snippets, etc.
Your content captures the interest of the audience, is interesting, and is easy to read and digest
- You must be a registered member of DesignSpark
- Aged 18 and over as of the date of entry
- Enrolled on a full or part-time university-level engineering or technology-related program
- Content must have been published to DesignSpark in 2022, and a URL is required to complete the application form
- All entries must be supplied in the English language and comply with the DesignSpark Community Guidelines to pass moderation and be considered completed entries eligible for the competition
You can check out all of the 2021 entries here.
If you are new to DesignSpark, here is how you get started:
- To contribute content on DesignSpark you need to be a member, signing up is easy and currently free.
- There are TWO distinct ways to contribute content to DesignSpark:
- Please note that your content will be moderated before publishing, so avoid leaving your submission too late.
- DesignSpark audience constitutes of Professional Engineers, Academics, Student Engineers, Makers and Enthusiasts so do not hesitate to get technical.
Simple steps on how to contribute to DesignSpark can be found in the attached Guidance file.
Can I enter as a team? Yes, project teams or individuals are equally eligible to apply!
Do you have any examples of great student content on DesignSpark? Check these out:
Am I allowed to enter multiple times? You can only enter once, so pick your best content!
I am graduating this year, can I still apply? Yes, if you were a student in 2022 and are graduating this year, you can still apply.
I have more questions, who can I ask? Please drop your comment below, or email the Grass Roots team (Grass@RS-Components.com) and we will be happy to help you :-)