Basics of PIC16F877aFollow article
Hello guys, today I will show you the basic Introduction to PIC16F877a. PIC16F877a is a PIC Microcontroller and is normally used in Embedded Projects like Home Automation System, Bank Security System etc.
PIC Basic Properties:
- It has 40 Pins.
- IT has 5 Ports in total. ( PortA, PortB, PortC, PortD and PortE).
- It supports Serial Communication for which it has 2 Pins TX and RX.
- You can receive data from RX and can transmit data from TX.
- It also supports SPI Protocol.
- We have to place a crystal oscillator ranging from 4MHz to 40MHz.
- We have to design its basic circuit first in order to use it.
- Moreover, we will also need some programmer or burner to upload hex file.
- I use PICKit3 in my projects.
- Here's an image of PIC16F877a:
Ports in PIC16F877a:
- PortA has 8 Pins in total and it is an analogue Port.
- All Pins in PortA are analogue.
- PortB also has 8 Pins but these all are digital Pins.
- PortC is also a digital Port having 8 Pins.
- PortC Pins are also used for Serial Communication.
- PortD has 8 Pins and all are digital Pins.
- PortE has 3 Pins.
I hope you have enjoyed today's tutorial. Let me know if you have any difficulty with this microcontroller. Thanks.