Panasonic Component Saving Solution for CPU,Power Supply and FPGA solution.Follow article
Hello, nice to see you again!
Panasonic has posted a new video about polymer capacitor.
This video includes some solutions and circuit examples for;
- Server CPU power supply SP-Cap solution
- SMPS（Switched-mode power supply）- POSCAP solution
- FPGA solution
Here are some solutions for saving space on your PCB, including device count reduction.
Server CPU power supply SP-Cap solution.
This solution explains about replacing the current MLCC with the SP-Cap (Conductive polymer Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors.)
SP-Cap of 3-terminal type has the characteristic of low ESR (Equivalent series resistance) and ESL (Equivalent series inductance.)
If current low ESR capacitors replace to SP-Cap 6 pcs (EEFGX0D471 470μF/3mΩ/0.4nH）, MLCC 33 pcs out of 80 pcs can reduce component count.
It can save the PC board space!
This solution explains about replacing the current MLCC with the POSCAP (Conductive Polymer Tantalum solid Capacitors.)
- POSCAP is small and thin capacitor and it has large capacitance.
- This circuit has an area of 42.5mm2 using only MLCC 17 pcs.
- POSCAP (2R5TPG220M 220μF/2.5V) has advantage of thin 1.2mm max height which mountable on the back of circuit board, and it can reduce MLCC 13 pcs, and circuit area is 10mm2.
- The circuit area is reduced by 76%!
This solution explains about replacing the current MLCC with the SP-Cap or POSCAP. The Current circuit has an area of 230mm2 using MnO2 Tantalum 7 pcs and MLCC 2 pcs. All you need for this design is only one of the SP-Cap (EEFGX0D561 560μF/2V), and circuit area is 31.4mm2! To reduce further circuit area, using POSCAP 3 pcs. The Circuit area is 29.2mm2.