Learn 3D Printing with ultimaker
'3D printer' a term relatively unknown until recent time. It is a widely used generic term for Rapid prototyping. 3D printing is an Additive manufacturing technique through which an object can be made with a single computer file. The process consists of building layer over layer to get the final object. In order to start 3D CAD model of object is built in computer and then it is fed to the printer. The format of file is generally .stl which stands for Standard Tessellation Language. FDM, SLA, SLS and EBM are some of the types of 3d printing. FDM is the most common of them. In light of this the most prevalent 3D printers are Ultimmaker and reprep.
One of the extensively used and user friendly printer is Ultimaker 2 Go. That said it is a printer that prints precisely and rapidly.It prints using Fused Filament Fabrication technique. Moreover printing is supported from SD card as well as through Wifi. Furthermore it provides compact design with good overall print quality. Materials used can be PLA(polylactic acid) as well as ABS(acrylonitrile butadiene styrene). What’s more is that it can print at speeds ranging from 30mm/sec to 300mm/sec. Portability and light weight adds up to its advatntages. Gantry weight is of utmost importance as it determines the print quality of object. Ultimaker provides that extra stability by reducing gantry weight. In contrast to other printers it Is compact and thus saves the space. To put it another way it is a complete package of performance and speed.
Ultimaker 2 Go Features:
- Layer Resolution: up to 20 microns (0.02mm)
- Position Precision: X & Y 12.5 microns, Z 5 microns
- Print Speed: 30 - 300 mm/s
- Travel Speed: 30 - 350 mm/s
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Supported filaments: PLA, ABS, CPE
- Heated bed: 50ﾟ - 100ﾟC
On the other hand RepRap is a type of printer which can print itself. It is open source and self replicating. RepRap pro ormerod 2 is one of the printers based on this principle. Despite this it provides extensive versitality and functionality due to ease of assembling of parts. FFF technique plays a role in the working of this printer.It can print complex parts which are impossible or rather very difficult to produce by traditional methods. This printer offers which most fail to deliver that is portabilty and ease of use.Ormerod 2 is a direct successor to ormerod. Some minor changes to the design were done to make using the printer easier, including improving access to the new locked drive stack extruder to make cleaning easier.
RepRap pro ormerod 2 Print quality
RepRap Pro features
- The RepRap Pro Ormerod is a single colour 3D printer
- Full open source self-replicating RepRap
- New 32bit Arduino-compatible Duet electronics enable control via a web browser
- Wiring loom for simple plugin connection - no soldering
- IR probing, with ambient light compensation, for self-aligned printing - no bed adjustment required
- Printing materials: ABS, PLA, 1.75mm diameter thermoplastic
- Build surface: Glass covered PCB heated bed to reduce complexity of assembly and to ensure parts do not warp
- Computer interface: Ethernet, USB
- X carriage: Three Z adjustable deposition head mounts; one head supplied
- Motion: Linear ball bearings on X, Y and Z axes Pre soldered
- electronics with built-in micro SD card slot for standalone printing
RS Components is the UK and European trading brand of Electro components. The company supplies 3D printers, electrical and electronic components, tools, testing equipment and related items through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters
Complete 3D printing solutions available at RS Components
The potential of 3D printing hasn’t been fully utilized yet we can create amazing things from it. That is to say this is just the beginning of the era of 3D printers and many more are sure to come along the way.