Basics of ESP8266Follow article
Hello everyone, I hope you all are having fun and enjoying your lives. In today's tutorial, we will have a look at ESP8266 in detail. This is a wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) gadget. It is a practical system on chip (SoC) that is built-in with the TCP/IP protocol, due to this any microcontroller can be connected with any Wi-Fi network. It has the power to supervise any other device or it can easily devolve a Wi-Fi network connecting with other systems. It has a massive amount of on-chip variation which is fine for the smallest exterior circuitry. This module is an enormously cost-effective board.
Basics of ESP8266
- ESP8266 is a less costly wireless appliance, it works on TCP, IP, and microcontrollers.
- Its working voltage is from 3V to 3.6V.
- It is always in front of its forerunner in requisites of speed handling and storage ability.
- It can easily be connected with other electronic devices with minimum adjustments and enlargement to make it well suited for other components.
- This device occupies less space and can easily adjust on the PCB board effectively and there are no special arrangements need for it.
- This is a very helpful apparatus for Wi-Fi networks, but it also has some restrictions as it needs an exterior logic level changer because it does not supports 5 to 3V logic changing.
- You should also have a look at NodeMCU, which is a breakout board based on ESP8266.
Features of ESP8266
- These are some features of ESP8266.
- This module integrates with the 64 KiB Read-only memory (ROM), 80 KiB Random excess memory for user data and 32 KiB tutoring random excess memory.
- This module props up the Tensilica Xtensa standards and works at 80 MHz frequency.
- The exterior QSPI flash memory can be reached by SPI and carry up to 16MiB.
- This module is the most important expansion in wireless technology because it is available in the simplest design and circuits.
- This module also props up APSD (Automatic Power Save Delivery) due to this it is the perfect option for VoIP appliances and Bluetooth.
Power Mode of ESP8266
- We can supply power to this module by the port of the PC with the serialized adaptor.
- There is a precaution that you should avoid to connect it with the 5V supply. If you do this it can be dangerous for its working.
Pinout of ESP8266
- These are the main pinouts of ESP8266 which are described below.
- Pin# Type Parameters
- Pin#1 VCC This is supply Voltage (+3.3 V to 3.6 V).
- Pin#2 GND This is Ground (0 V).
- Pin#3 RX This is data receiver pinout
- Pin#4 TX This is a data transmission pinout.
- Pin#5 CH_PD This is a chip power-down pin.
- Pin#6 RST This pin for Reset
- Pin#7 GPIO 0 It is a general-purpose input/output pinout.
- Pin#8 GPIO 2 It is a general-purpose input/output pinout.
Applications of ESP8266
- These are some applications of ESP8266.
- This module is used in different wireless network servers.
- We can find geolocation by this unit.
- This module is used as a pressure sensor on a railway track.
- It can also be used as an Air Pollution gauge.
- It is used in Temperature cataloging organizations.
- It is used in World’s nominal IoT tasks.
- It is also used in different Wi-Fi-controlled machines.
- It can measure moisture and temperature observer devices.
So, friends, it was all about ESP8266 if you have any questions about it ask in the comments. Take care until the next tutorial.