AI Powered Identification with the Pidentifier!
Andrew Back
Open source (hardware and software!) advocate, Treasurer and Director of the Free and Open Source Silicon Foundation, organiser of Wuthering Bytes technology festival and founder of the Open Source Hardware User Group.

Comments

May 28, 2019 07:10

what do I need to change if I want to use a USB camera and the HDMI output? it's my first time with raspberry

May 30, 2019 08:41

@NancyA The first thing you would need to find out would be if there is a Python support library for your USB camera and import that rather than the picamera library. After that, you would need to replace the capture functions in the example with functions from your camera’s library that perform the same (or very similar) actions. Easier said than done, but could be an interesting project.

December 3, 2018 09:01

Just looking in to building out this experiment, why do you use the PMOD adapter and the OLED and not just one of the MANY LCDs for the PI?

Having said that, could you use any LCD instead ?

Also will you be updating this when the 2nd gen Movidius comes out?

Thanks,
JT

June 5, 2018 09:56

Hi
I have followed the steps described above, very carefully but when I run the command:
raspivid -d
nothing appears on the OLED screen.
The Camera works well as I can take pictures (still) of test video on HDMI interface)
Is there something I missed?
Help appreciated

June 6, 2018 11:58

@popsyann raspivid won't display to the OLED. The step is to verify, via a connected HDMI monitor, that the camera works.

June 11, 2018 09:43

@Andrew Back Noted with thanks. I have another issue: having followed carefully your procedure, I am at the level of launching pidentify (./pidentify). I get the following error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "./pidentify", line 50, in gNetworkCategories.append(cat) NameError: name 'gNetworkCategories' is not defined Is there a library which has not been well installed. Can you help me pointing in the direction of the root cause? (Your project is interesting and I'd like to reach then end and "classify/identify" objects with a Raspberry Pi Camera) Regards

March 21, 2018 11:20

Need to add:
gNetworkCategories = []

Before loading the network categories:
with open(NETWORK_CATEGORIES_TXT, 'r') as f: