The next generation of SIRIUS timer relays from SiemensFollow article
In October 2015 the phase-out period for the SIRIUS 3RP15 timing relays began. At this time Siemens has introduced the new SIRIUS 3RP25 timing relays which allowed customers of 3RP15 three years to change over to the new generation. Since it is only a few months left until Siemens will stop selling the SIRIUS 3RP15 this article is supposed to help the last who are hesitating to try 3RP25.
Here are the benefits of SIRIUS 3RP25 at glance:
- Simple inventory management and logistics thanks to low device variance
- Less space required in the control cabinet thanks to 17.5 mm and 22 mm wide versions
- Consistent in all functions due to the wide voltage range from 12 to 240 V AC/DC
- Up to 27 functions according to IEC 61812 in the multifunctional timing relay with a wide voltage range
- Multifunctional timing relay with semiconductor output for high switching frequencies, bounce-free and wear-free switching
Standards and Approvals
- IEC 60721-3-3 "Classification of environmental conditions"
- IEC 61812-1/DIN VDE 0435 Part 2021 "Specified time relays for industrial use"
- IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3 and IEC 61000-6-4 "Electromagnetic compatibility"
- IEC 60947-5-1 "Low-voltage switchgear and control gear – Electromechanical control circuit devices"
The old devices (3RP15) can be replaced with devices from the new generation (3RP25) without restrictions. For old to new conversions, as well as for conversions from other suppliers, Siemens offers a conversion tool that´s available online.
Note: As a technology leader in industrial automation, Siemens is constantly evolving their products. Well knowing that it is not always easy for their customers to change over to the latest generation they have a proper process established that allows end users to test and evaluate their best alternative for a discontinued range or product. RS Components plays an important role in this process where they serve maintenance customers as long as possible to get their one by one replacements. On the other side of the product lifecycle, RS aims to always offer the latest technologies once they enter the market to support Machine Builders which are working on new panel designs, but also interesting for Maintainers to allow them a smooth transition from old to new in their existing designs.