Time is running out for Siemens LOGO! 6 logic controllers - LOGO! 8 is the future
- 100% more function blocks - The amount of function blocks in the Comfort V8 software has been expanded to up to 400. For LOGO! 6 it is only 200.
- Data transfer to the controller now standardized - Wereas LOGO! 6 has used a special memory module, LOGO! 8 allows the use of a standard micro SD card to copy the progam on the controller.
- Ethernet - LOGO! 8 comes with an Ethernet interface that allow communication with up to 8 logic controllers in a network. Also the port allow communication to other devices like SIMATIC S7 PLC or HMI panels.
- Web Server - an integrated webserver can be used for romote control and monitoring of the LOGO! 8.
- CMR module - This new module offers communication via SMS. It can exchange data with LOGO! 8, send SMS automatically, or read out control commands from the SMS and introduce them in LOGO! 8.
- Use LOGO! 8 in a KNX system - The LOGO! CMK2000 communication module was designed for the use of LOGO! 8 in building technology. With this module, LOGO! can be integrated in a KNX system as intelligent controller. Up to 50 communication objects can be configured via KNX.
- Better display - the display is considerably improved – as compared to LOGO! 0BA6 – with greatly increased contrast and now 6 lines with 16 characters each. This means that message texts can be formulated much more clearly and there are more diagnostic options via the display. The selectable background lighting in the colors white, orange and red helps to highlight alarm states, for example. These advantages also apply to the external text display TDE of the LOGO! 8.
Users can still use their LOGO! 6 program on LOGO! 8. The Comfort V8 software supports this transition in just a few steps. See how it is done here.
Attention: If you wish to migrate from LOGO! 0BA6 to LOGO! 8, you have to use the current expansion modules, if needed. Older models are not compatible with LOGO! 8.
Please find a summary of the above in the official RS migration guide for Siemens LOGO! 6.