New ultra-wide bandwidth vibrometer for condition monitoringFollow article
The IIS3DWBis a system-in-package featuring a 3-axis digital vibration sensor with low noise over an ultra-wide and flat frequency range. The wide bandwidth, low noise, very stable and repeatable sensitivity, together with the capability of operating over an extended temperature range (up to +105 °C), make the device particularly suitable for vibration monitoring in industrial applications.
The high performance delivered at low power consumption together with the digital output and the embedded digital features like the FIFO and the interrupts are enabling features for battery-operated industrial wireless sensor nodes.
The IIS3DWB has a selectable full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and is capable of measuring accelerations with a bandwidth up to 6 kHz with an output data rate of 26.7 kHz. A 3 kB first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer is integrated into the device to avoid any data loss and to limit the intervention of the host processor.
The MEMS sensor module family from ST leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes to serve automotive, industrial and consumer markets. The sensing elements are manufactured using ST’s proprietary micromachining process, while the embedded IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology.
The IIS3DWB has a self-test capability that allows checking the functioning of the sensor in the final application. The IIS3DWB is available in a 14-lead plastic land grid array (LGA) package and is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +105 °C.
- 3-axis vibration sensor with digital output
- User-selectable full-scale: ±2/±4/±8/±16 g
- Ultra-wide and flat frequency response range: from dc to 6 kHz (±3 dB point)
- Ultra-low noise density: down to 75 µg/√Hz in 3-axis mode / 60 µg/√Hz in single-axis mode
- High stability of the sensitivity over temperature and against mechanical shocks
- Extended temperature range from -40 to +105 °C
- Low power: 1.1 mA with all 3 axes delivering full performance
- SPI serial interface
- A low-pass or high-pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency
- Interrupts for wake-up / activity - inactivity / FIFO thresholds
- Embedded FIFO: 3 kB
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test
- Supply voltage: 2.1 V to 3.6 V
- Compact package: LGA 2.5 x 3 x 0.83 mm 14-lead
- ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant
Associated Components for Predictive Maintenance
|Part Numbers||Key Features|