How to build industrial open source motion control for a robotic arm - part 1
GianlucaRS

Downloads

Half creative, half geek, half engineer, half chef and half tech addicted. Yes, lot of halves... One life is not enough! Feel free to follow me on Instagram @GIANLUCA_FANCHINI

Comments

October 15, 2019 07:32

can you please share dimensions of the parts??

February 18, 2019 14:36

What are you using for limit switches? I did not see any listed. If you are not using them, what are you using to home the arm?

February 12, 2019 09:22

Hello, You did very good work. But, I am requesting you to share the assembly of this arm in solidworks. I hope you will share it very soon, Mail: omkarkshirsagar002@gmail.com

March 3, 2020 14:09

@OmkarKshirsagar did you get the assembly of this arm in solidworks, if yes then please send to my mail biju135790@gmail.com

August 20, 2018 10:23

What is the graphic interface you used on the computer to control the robot arm?

January 20, 2018 21:08

los documentos no me abren

February 20, 2017 10:44

Really cool . But not every one own a laser-cutter. It's much more expensive than a 3D printer.

January 20, 2018 21:08

@wei1224hf There are maker spaces opening all over the world, many have laser cutters that you can use along with many other machines that are just not practical to own. In the UK there are FabLabs and Eagle Labs but I bet there are many others

October 14, 2016 11:18

Hi zafrulumar!

thank you very much for your note. I didn't seen the attachments were no more threre.
Probably something went wrong with our new portal.
The files for lasercutting, 3D printing and programming are now back and they are available for download.

Regarding the webpage you can briefly see in the video, is a page from the Ruc Fablab from where we picked up the original project.
The link is in the article.

Cheers
Gianluca

October 11, 2016 09:28

Hello GianlucaRS
Greeting.
I do not see link to download 3D Printed parts. Please share. Also in your video you were showing a web page having details of Robotic arm cut outs. Please share the link also. Thanks in advance.

June 10, 2016 08:02

BillBucket wrote:
> Do the component links actually work for anyone? Any time I click on one it takes
> me to a region selection page and when I select USA it dumps me on the home page
> of Allied Electronics. So, sure I can search by the number in the link text, but
> what is the point of the links if they can't maintain a search query through a region
> selection?

Hi Bill,

unfortunately there is not yet fully alignment between RS and Allied websites, that's why you are led to the home page.
Apologies for this.

However there is an alternative solutions, the international RS website: http://export.rsdelivers.com/
You can go directly or clicking on "Other Countries..." and put there the RS stock numbers.

Hope this can helps you.

Cheers
Gianluca

June 9, 2016 19:20

Do the component links actually work for anyone? Any time I click on one it takes me to a region selection page and when I select USA it dumps me on the home page of Allied Electronics. So, sure I can search by the number in the link text, but what is the point of the links if they can't maintain a search query through a region selection?

June 9, 2016 13:35

Hello stu,

thanks for your note. CAD Files are now available for download.

Regarding the robot shape, you are right. This is a very common structure for pallettizing robotic arms thanks to the easy set of joints which keep the gripper always parallel to the ground.

Easy to build and effective. This has allowed us to focus more on the motion control system.

Cheers
Gianluca

August 20, 2018 09:45

@GianlucaRS Please send the link to download the CAD file for designing the robotic arm as soon as possible...

June 9, 2016 09:32

Hi,
Do you have the CAD files for the actual arm itself please? (e.g., the laser cutting templates)

Side note: This looks almost exactly like a scaled up version of the uFactory uArm.
No idea who came up with the design first, but apparently that one was based on a pallet robot.

Cheers,