How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
In this episode of Ask the Expert, we discuss IoT sensor development kits and how they are delivering Industrial IoT solutions and improving predictive maintenance efficiency.
DesignSpark was joined by Vladimír Janousek and Pasi Myllymaki from STMicroelectonics to answer your questions. They explain and provide details of how ST is delivering the products needed for IIoT development, the support resources and additional tools which aid your IoT and predictive maintenance applications.
Ask the Expert guest speakers
Product Marketing Manager in ST's EMEA team based in Helsinki, focusing on Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance for consumer and industrial applications.
Application Team Manager (EMEA), with a key focus on MEMS & Sensors solutions as well as standard analogue and power management products.
Video time stamps
- What is it about your offering that appeals to users?
- What are market drives for industrial sensing?
- The most important parameters of equipment that need to be monitored.
- What is the STWIN SensorTile Industrial Node?
- What is the difference between consumer sensors vs Industrial sensors?
- Why it is important to evaluate MEMS prior to application?
- Product highlights including IIS3DWB vibration sensor.
- ST have additional support can you explain what you offer customers?
- Are you finding automation manufacturers are now designing you your products into their products?
- Using STWIN to make measurements in real-time.
- What were the connection methods and interfaces for STWIN?
- The vibration sensor IIS3DWB has an output data rate of 27kHz, is it possible to buffer the data?
- What are the differences of the terms, Condition Monitoring, Condition-based Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance?
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) and predictive maintenance, how does ST offer these for customers?
- For battery-operated sensing applications are there any recommendations ST gives to save the battery life?
- What additional tools and software do ST provide for the development of condition monitoring?