Installing Node-RED on a Synology NAS
Dave Ives
I currently look after production at AB Open. I have a background in the arts, environmental conservation and IT support. In my spare time I do a bit of DJing and I like making things.

Comments

April 11, 2019 07:55

This is the end of my installing and after a tried to start node-red.

April 11, 2019 07:55

Hello,
I tried to install node-red on my Synology DS116, but it not work. I made screenshots. What was the problem? Can You help me?

November 30, 2018 22:02

Hi, I have a synology nas 213j. Installed the node-red with some error, but it is run good and working from console. My problem is I cant run it in the background. When close the console close the node-red too. Tryed to install what in the instruction, pm2 but have some error too and when want to start pm2 get this: command not found.
How can I run in background node-red? Need help please.

December 3, 2018 10:20

@Spider2 Hi - installing and running pm2 fixed this for me. It's mentioned in the article

August 20, 2018 09:44

Hello,

I'm getting the same error all the time. Please see the screenshot. I am using a Synology DS416, Version: DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2.

I think the main problem is this:

Tried to download(404): https://github.com/kelektiv/node.bcrypt.js/releases/download/v2.0.1/bcrypt_lib-v2.0.1-node-v57-linux-arm-unknown.tar.gz

This directory doesn't exist anymore. I tried to install bcrypt itself with no luck.

I think this causes that I can't start "node-red". I get the answer: command not found.

Do you have any ideas?

June 12, 2018 08:19

@Dave, this is my test reply. If you can see this, then I suggest contacting the web support.

June 12, 2018 08:19

@Boss yes I can see this

June 8, 2018 12:51

tried the above install , when entering "node-red" i get a command not found error

July 23, 2018 08:13

@leeb98 I had the same thing. Managed to find the map and run "node red" from there (without the dash). The location for me was "/volume1/@appstore/Node.js_v8/usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red" but i found it by looking at the ouput when installing node-red.

June 12, 2018 08:19

@leeb98 that's strange. You might find some helpful info here - https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/running