How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
Share your university project with the global DesignSpark community for the chance to be awarded a £1000 cash prize!
The Grass Roots Student Project Competition awards students for sharing their projects with the world! Sharing your projects is a key part of building your professional profile - we believe every student engineer has a great story to tell!
Your project will no longer be immortalised as a massive report for no one to see, but an online and shareable record of the great work you have done! There are two cash prizes up for grabs, £1000 GBP for the winner and £500 GBP for the runner-up.
I'm in! Where do I start?
Entering the Grass Roots Student Project competition is simple:
- Sign up to DesignSpark and register for the competition here
- Create a Project on DesignSpark to share your story
- Publish to the global DesignSpark community
What are the judges looking for?
Here are the criteria the judges will be scoring against, make sure you cover all of the areas for the maximum chance to win
The storyYour content includes the problem you were looking to solve, your approach, your learnings and the overall outcome
MediaYour content includes a variety of media to support the written text. i.e. videos, photos, 3D CAD, code snippets etc.
Audience EngagementYour content captures the interest of the audience, is interesting and easy to read and digest.
Who are the judges?
The judging panel is made up of inspirational individuals within RS Components and in our wider network.
Eligibility Requirements and Competition Guidelines
- You must be a registered member of DesignSpark, if you are not - register now
- Aged 18 and over as of the date of entry
- Enrolled on a full or part-time university-level engineering or technology-related programme.
- Entries must be supplied as published DesignSpark articles published prior to the closing date of the competition.
- All entries must be supplied in the English language and comply with the DesignSpark Community Guidelines to pass moderation and be considered completed entries eligible for the competition.
- Applications open - 1st June 2021 09:00 BST
- Applications close - 27th June 2021 23:59 BST
- Competition sign up form must have been completed
- Project article must have been published
- Winners announced - 19th July 2021
Does it matter if I am a team or an individual?
- Project teams or individual innovators are equally eligible to apply! Please let us know which you are in the application.
You want me to share the story of my project, do you have any examples of what others have shared on DesignSpark?
- There are so many great Student Articles on DesignSpark, some of the community's favourites are: Drumless, Project VALOR, OnionBot, Ferro-fluid display and the 3D printed desktop CNC
I have another question, who can I ask?
- Email the Grass Roots team (GrassRoots@rs-components.com) and we will be happy to help you.