EEZ Bench Box 3
The EEZ BB3 was inspired by EEZ H24005 programmable power supply project that already attracted many enthusiasts with its feature set, rich user interface, DIY friendliness, and fully open-source software and hardware design. Therefore, the first version of the EEZ BB3 is equipped with modules that provide EEZ H24005 functionalities in the first place and offer increased modularity, capacity, and processing powers.
The EEZ BB3 continues the practice of design in a manner that it can be easily built by DIYers/makers with intermediate skills in soldering, assembling, testing and have a basic understanding of software and firmware installations and uploading. Although it includes a custom-made enclosure, the builder has the freedom to make his/her own enclosure or adopt some general-purpose enclosure of similar dimensions.
Additionally, when the custom enclosure is selected, you can choose to increase the number of peripheral modules by extending its backplane to some higher number.
Thanks to its modular design, the EEZ BB3 based solution can be built gradually in accordance with your own needs and budget. Peripheral modules can have their own processing resources or can be controlled from a master MCU that keeps costs low. The EEZ BB3 can be controlled locally (TFT touchscreen, encoder) or remotely (USB, Ethernet).
- Fully open-source design
- Modular design
- Full range auto-switch AC input (115 / 230 Vac)
- Minimalist wire harness for simplified assembling and servicing
- Up to 3 peripheral modules
- STM32F7 ARM 32-bit MCU
- 4.3” TFT touchscreen display
- Front panel AC power switch
- Front panel bootloader switch for main MCU (firmware upload via USB DFU)
- Incremental encoder and user-defined switch
- USB 2.0 OTG and 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet connectivity
- Four power relays for various power outputs coupling
- Dedicated full-duplex SPI for each module
- Dedicated bootloader control for each module (firmware upload via UART, SPI or I2C)
- Low noise Ø80 mm cooling fan with speed control
- Remotely controlled by 300+ SCPI commands using the EEZ Studio of similar SCPI controllers
- NEW: MicroPython scripting
- NEW: MQTT protocol
- NEW: OSHWA certified open hardware
- Compact size: 290 (W) x 123 (H) x 240 (D) mm
The EEZ BB3 chassis can accept different type of modules regardless of their functionalities (processing, auxiliary power, programmable power source, backplane, etc.). The number of modules is expected to grow over time, and the initial version consists of the following modules: