Menu Search
Ask a Question

Design Spark on Linux

Please Initiate Linux version of DS.
Tired trying DS on WINE, Very unpreditable.

Comments

January 15, 2020 15:42

Jan 15 2020 and Win 7 is officially not supported.

I would gladly pay for a Linux wrapped version. Crossover will do that for you for a fee. Maybe a Kickstarter would work for this.

You stated: "When we started this programme the majority of users were using PC computers with Windows and this is actually still true according statistic data."

Well of course they were if your means of data collection is from the same computer DS was running on.

Kickstarter aside, even if you had a donation or Patreon account so we could contribute for DS development. I would hate to see DS wither and die because you were foolish about finances.

January 9, 2020 08:54

I am migrating away from Windows. I wish some of these free or open source projects would offer a paid service to support changes for us that are not programmers. I want to spend my time designing and building, not fiddling and trying to make computers work.

January 28, 2019 09:05

I use Linux Manjaro, DesignSpark on wine it work very well, before installation DS start winetricks and install all vcrun in the field 2003-2015.
I use it for this old machine hp compaq 6710b 2,2ghz. No bugs.
Regards.

November 16, 2018 11:21

No uso Windows, uso Linux, a ver si es posible hacer algo para nosotros, que cada vez somos mas, gracias.

October 22, 2018 13:21

The majority of the industrial applications and diy projects are now using Linux. Unfortunately the electrical drawing and PCB software is stil only available in Windows? I understand the limited resources of the development team but the can maybe shift there goals to the future.

August 22, 2018 07:46

Thank you for trying to use our software!
We wanted to address our software to the biggest audience while not having huge budget for development. You have to remember RS Components is not primarily a software company..:)
However we remember about constantly changing World and need for further development and wherever it will be possible we would like to add Linux, macOS and also cloud solutions...
In the meantime please have a look on our support page where you can find couple of articles and user forum threads about running our software on Linux OS:

We officially do not support Linxux system, but this FAQ for example could help if you would like to run DSPCB:
or this one:

And this one for DSM:

Good luck!

August 20, 2018 10:36

Yes.people are asking for DS on Linux, - but where is RS on answering on this point ???? What are the chances of getting a Linux version ???

May 29, 2018 07:15

You guys are magicians, you've written the best software on the worst OS. It's under my honor to require from electron and a holes, on my MB, to move as Bill Gates wants. Please write version for Linux as soon as possible.

May 5, 2018 14:14

Should only ever use documented APIs which WINE provides. Why not write it for POSIX and X11. Would also then run under Mac OS X in X11.app.

March 5, 2018 09:06

Same opinion, DS for Linux would be very fine. DS on Wine is horrible, lots of crashes