What are Auto-ranging power supplies and why are they important?Follow article
What is Auto-ranging supplies and why is it important?
Auto-ranging power supplies offer the potential to save on equipment costs and energy. Here we discover more on utilizing an auto-ranging programmable DC source, like the PSI 9000 DT.
This high-end and most versatile programmable desk-top laboratory power-supply series is based upon a high-performance FPGA controller unit with up to 16-bit resolution. It features the superior flexible ”auto-ranging” output for a usage at either high voltage or high current as required within the nominal power rating. It includes a sensitive intuitive-to-operate TFT touch panel with up to 5-digit resolution, giving access to the integrated functions such as function generator, internal resistance/battery simulation, alarm manager etc. It provides for a highly stable DC output with extremely low noise/ low ripple, thus aiming at replacing linear-technology power supplies on the R&D engineer’s bench. For external control, this series it is equipped with a 3-way interface (isolated analogue 0-10V, USB and Ethernet). An optional 19” 2U kit is available for 19” rack integration. This series is a perfect instrument for R&D bench top usage.
- FPGA controlled, up to 16 bit resolution.
- For demanding low-noise/low ripple laboratory application, R&D
- Flexible auto-ranging output, constant U, I, P and R mode.
- Function generator, photovoltaic,- fuel-cell- and battery simulation
- Sensitive TFT touch display of up to 5 digits.
- Isolated interfaces: Analogue 0-10V, USB, Ethernet.
- Attractive desk-top housing with handle, optional 19” 3U adaptor
- IEC 320-C14 AC input receptacle, DC output safety terminals
Why should I choose PSI 9000 DT? The advantages are listed below:
- Auto-ranging Output
- Highly isolated structure, therefore much less sensitive against disturbances under operation
- EMI compliant to EN 61000-6-3, EN 55022 class B
- Fast discharge of output capacitance to IEC 1010
- Minimum output ripple: Owing to a special filtering, the HF and LF output ripple are reduced to a level closing up to those of linear technology power supplies
- Standard on-board 3-way interface: Analogue 0-5V/0-10V, USB, Ethernet/LAN or GPIB
- TFT Touch Display with 64.000 colours with integrated comfortable function generator
- Integrated R-Mode (inner-resistance simulation), to simulate batteries
- Self-calibration function
- High-performance FPGA (Field-Programmable-Gate-Array Lattice ECP3LFE17EA) allowing up to 10 times faster programming-reaction time
- High resolution of up to 16 Bit
- Voltage accuracy 0.1% of nominal
- Professional user/control software for up to 20 devices (license fee applies)
- Safety to IEC/EN 61010