UPDATE AVAILABLE: DSM 4.0 (January 11, 2019)
A new updated build is available for all DesignSpark Mechanical 4.0 (64-bit) users who downloaded the software prior to January 11, 2019.
- Fix for the save format of Back-up/Recovery designs stored in the AppData directory,
- Corrects Drawing templates for add-on users and,
- Some stability improvements.
The latest build is numbered '12131' as highlighted below. Go to Help/Resources-> About DSM from the navigation bar to check your own.
If yours is not the same, get the latest version here: Download DSM 4.0 64-bit (build 12131)
- Uninstall both the previous version of the main software and translators through the Windows Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs
- Restart your computer
- Fresh setup Instructions available here - https://designspark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010645273 Remember to complete both steps 1 and 2 (translators) of the install wizard so all the import/export of file formats work as expected.
CommentsAdd a comment
I've downloaded and installed DS Mechanical and got stuck at the register window. It reports in red that the user name cannot contain special characters, but it doesn't let me edit it, the area is totally grayed out - so what now?
Hi Paul, Our support agent will reach out to you shortly via a helpdesk ticket to resolve this account related issue. Please check your email inbox for the ticket message and link. Kind regards, DesignSpark support