The Evolution of a Light Theremin

ChelseaBack
Trainee Electronics Engineer, currently studying towards my degree in Electronic Engineering at the University of Hudderfsield. Completed my HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Bradford College 2017. Love to try new things and build interesting projects!

Comments

January 29, 2018 09:25

What is the PCB/schematic tool to open the schematic (.sch)? Not Eagle.

January 29, 2018 09:13

Please provide a PDF version of the schematics.

February 5, 2018 10:49

@mr_bandit we've added a PDF version of the schematic for you

September 17, 2015 22:45

Congratulations!!

I was looking for something about a RF Theremin but this was a really nice story and I felt really identified with it.

My first "advanced" circuit was a spectrum analyser (I didn't even know what it really was, I just liked to see the LEDs moving at the rhythm of the music) using some components that I had no idea how they worked, it was my first year on the university, of course it never fully worked. Some months later I tried something similar for my first PCB using a copper board, markers and ferric chloride and it worked!! (Even if it was a little bit ugly). Since then I have been living at this Electronics Design world that you have just entered for at least 6 years and until now I keep making mistakes and keep learning from them. Now I'm working on this and studying my Master in Electronics in Italy, mainly focused on this.

Last summer I gave a small a course about this subject at my University in Mexico and the topic that you mention was one of the main advices I gave in this course: "La práctica hace al maestro" (practice makes the master).

So, good luck with this and if you need any advice about circuit design or PCB design please don't hesitate on contacting me!!

September 14, 2015 09:47

I meant to say a midi synthesiser

September 14, 2015 09:35

Perhaps you could add a midi interface and power a sync from the Theremin?