Wearables and Technology LifestyleSubscribe
Humanity has always been a pioneer, pushing the boundaries of current thinking and technology to improve how we live, how we produce our food, drive our cars or light our homes.
The Technology Lifestyle is here and here to stay, and whether you are heavily involved in technology design or simply enjoy using the products, it’s all a Technology Lifestyle choice.
Questions & Answers
Looking for a solution to a design conundrum? Browse our Wearables and Technology Lifestyle questions and find the best answers, as voted for by our community.
You don’t have to be an expert to answer a question, in the DesignSpark community you can offer assistance and answer community questions whatever your skill level.
Ask a Question
Looking for answers to those questions you just can’t find an answer too?
Why not ask our community for help?
Latest Activity Stream
1 week agoI like this project because it introduces me to a new technology. I agree though, that I would love to hear this thing cranked up to eleven so I can hear its overdrive characteristics; scream, baby, scream!
1 week agoI don't want to look negative but, to make a relatively linear pré-amp for acoustic guitar is something much easier with an operational amplifirer.
Where I think this device coul be very interesting...
1 week agoNice demo, but (as I'm sure all the bedroom guitarists were hoping to hear), what nice warm crunchy sounds do you get when it's overdriven? Surely the main point of a tube pre-amp is to create a "Marshall-in-a-matchbox"?...
1 week agoyes
1 week agoIs it possible to use this as a preamp and send it to a power amp to drive a guitar speaker?
January 17, 2018 16:06
Origin stories are so great because they are the exact moments when normal men or women go from being just like the rest of us to becoming somehow better, faster and stronger. Welcome you to your origin story, it's time to become a Super Maker.
January 11, 2018 15:13
Adding a custom laser cut enclosure, dials and a protective case.
December 18, 2017 10:17
This is the penultimate post in the series about creating a guitar pedal style amplifier with the Korg Nutubes. We previously left off with ordering PCBs and the nerve-racking wait associated with it.
December 1, 2017 09:12
The second of our monthly top tips from our friends at Crowdcube. The crowd funding equity experts will be offering up their 5 "live" tech investment opportunities. Find out how to invest, or be invested in. Will it be you next month?
November 30, 2017 09:06
This is the third post in a series about creating a guitar pedal style amplifier. Last time in Part 2 we took a look at creating a breadboard prototype. Following which we probably have enough data to commit a circuit design to CAD.
November 29, 2017 16:27
Maker Faires are becoming increasingly popular, we thought it would be a good idea to gather together some great projects that can be found on the Make: website, just in-case you can't make it to one!
November 28, 2017 10:03
Maker Faire Rome will soon be upon us, the greatest show and tell event on earth, and we will be there showcasing tech and great products, come along and say hello!
November 13, 2017 16:32
I recently made my friend Matthew a suit with hidden LEDs in it. So that his partner, Hannah, wouldn’t be out-blinged, I made her a disco necklace.
November 7, 2017 10:54
Nye Thompson has been sharing her tech-inspired artwork with DesignSpark since 2013. Nye’s latest installation at the forthcoming humansbeingdigital exhibition will build on her recent project, Backdoored, focusing on the vulnerabilities of the IoT.
November 6, 2017 14:54
This is the second in a multi-part series looking at the the design of a Nutube based guitar pedal.
November 1, 2017 15:18
“I am shy and retiring 95% of the time - and a flouncing peacock the other 5%”. Check out Dr Lucy Rogers' surprise LED suit!
October 27, 2017 12:48
This is the first in a multi-part series exploring the design of a “guitar pedal” for amplification and distortion, going all the way from project start to a finished working design and making use of the Korg Nutube.