Smart Factory Developer Call OutFollow article
The Digital Catapult is looking for small and medium-sized companies in the digital manufacturing space to respond to carefully crafted challenges posed by industry giants such as BOC, Thales and RS Components. These challenges will focus on:
- Sensor technology for machine management
- Matching site surveys to assess data
- Image recognition for product identification
Chosen companies will be able to meet and collaborate with specialists from these organisations together with manufacturing and technology experts. Successful applicants will be able to pitch viable commercial solutions on stage at the Smart Factory Expo in Liverpool this November.
Hack & Pitch combines the best of a hackathon and a pitching event and strives to help large manufacturing companies to alter their processes, allowing them to work faster and smarter, reduce cost, and increase customer satisfaction.
Through this insight, SMEs will be asked to ‘Hack’ together proposals to solve these challenges, before a ‘Pitch’ off to decision-makers at the expo.Hack & Pitch combines the best of a hackathon and a pitching event and strives to help large manufacturing companies to alter their processes, allowing them to work faster and smarter, reduce cost, and increase customer satisfaction.
So, if you have an existing solution, or are interested in developing solutions around asset monitoring, preventive maintenance, industrial IoT, sensor technology, image recognition, smart supply chains, artificial intelligence and machine learning in industrial settings, we want to hear from you.
What to expect at the event
Day 1: Participants will spend time understanding the challenges from the challenge owners and afforded the time to develop proposals.
Day 2: Participants pitch their proposals to the decision makers and judges.
Read all about our previous Industry 4.0 Hack & Pitch event here
Shortlisted companies will benefit from
- Access to industry leaders, technologists and challenge owners.
- The chance to meet potential clients.
- An opportunity to shape current or future product/service offerings with potential clients.
- Promotion as a leader in developing Industry 4.0 solutions.
- Networking in an exclusive environment.
- Inclusion in online, on-the-day and post-event marketing and communications.
- Having a stand at the Innovation Alley to showcase their innovation. This space is subject to availability.
Who should attend?
This event is targeted at small and medium enterprises with the skills to develop disruptive cutting-edge technologies in the digital manufacturing space.
- Download the Knowledge Pack
Access the Knowledge Pack to understand the challenges in detail.
- Submit Your Application to enable us to better understand your interest and capability. The last date to register is 31 October 2017.
- The Hack begins: Shortlisted applicants will be given further insight into the challenges from the manufacturers themselves.
Based on this Knowledge, companies will be asked to develop a tailored concept to bring to the conference.
Follow-Up: Following the conclusion of the Expo, proposals will be captured and circulated to participating supporters for review.
Date: 15th and 16th November 2017
Exhibition Centre Liverpool