Smart Control Valve Testing Made Easy
Smart and quick valve testing is now an easy thing to do. To ensure your planned downtime and maintenance activities are kept to a minimum only, the new Fluke 710 Valve Testing Loop Calibrator will help you make the best decisions, fast.
The Fluke 710 is designed to perform quick, easy tests on HART smart control valves, guaranteeing you fast and consistent result reporting every time. The Fluke 710 (181-2322) mA Loop Valve Tester allows technicians to source the 4-20mA signal whilst also interrogating the HART feedback from the smart control valve to find the exact position of the valve and by using the built-in test procedures a technician can quickly and easily perform valve tests that give a health check, which makes for faster diagnostic and maintenance decisions.
The following video gives an overview and benefits of the Fluke 710:
Testing of HART smart control valve using the Fluke 710 is made very simple, as the tester generates the 4-20mA current loop and communicates over the same two-wire connection and is simple to configure and operate as illustrated in the following video:
As can be seen, the tester is simple to configure and operate and has a number built-in test:
- Signature Test – This test allows you to set the ramp time, tolerance & step mA value of the test signal and record all the information of the valve (signature of the valve)
- Speed Test – Determines how fast the valve can open or close
- Step Test – Puts a 4mA signal into the valve and then increase the current in 4mA steps to 20mA and back down again, recording the valve position at each step.
- Bump/Partial Test – This allows you to test part of the valve stroke, so simulating a test in a live process
- Manual Test – Allows you to increase or decrease the 4-20mA signal going into the valve and measure the variables.
All tests can be stored and uploaded, so the saved results can be compared with previous results to determine potential issues.
The Fluke 710 mA Loop Tester is available from RS (181-2322)