Quiet Powerful Efficiency from ebm-papst - the new 4300N Series Compact Axial Fan
In keeping with ebm-papst GreenTech philosophy, every new product shall be economically and ecologically superior to its predecessor; ebm-papst has enhanced the design and expanded the range of its popular Multi-fan compact axial fan, with its new series: 4300N.
With the need for smaller, more economical equipment across all fields of manufacturing, demands on space, power and efficiency are constantly increasing. For this reason, ebm-papst has re-evaluated their 120x120x32mm frame size compact axial fan; adding more performance, greater functionality and have achieved higher efficiencies at reduced noise levels.
Improved performance has been achieved by optimising a number of features:
- The aerodynamic efficiency of the impeller geometry has been enhanced with the addition of winglets which minimise turbulence at the tips of the blades. In addition to this, inlet guide vanes have been added to ensure that the air enters the fan housing is at its optimum direction to gain the highest efficiency as the air passes over the impeller surface. These two efficiency enhancements not only improve the fans power density (more performance from the same size fan) but also reduce the noise level of the fan.
- The stator winding and commutation electronics have also been enhanced to produce higher rotational speeds. Being a brushless DC motor, the speed is not limited by the supply frequency. This coupled with the efficiency of using a permanent magnet external rotor motor to drive the fan, ensures cool running maximising life
- The commutation electronics have been revised to add extra features including speed control inputs and condition monitoring outputs. The fan range can be configured to regulate its speed using an NTC thermistor or can respond to an open collector PWM signal. There are also options for condition monitoring signals including a pulsed tacho output as well as a fan good/bad signal.
For compatible controller products, visit:
Features at a glance:
The new 4300N series covers a range of volume flows offering designs with maximum flow rates from 100m3/hr (59cfm) to 285m3/hr (168cfm). The improvement in the aerodynamic design of the impeller and enhanced motor has resulted in a 57% increase in the overall efficiency of the fan whilst reducing the noise level by up to -9dB(A).
The improvement in the aerodynamic design of the impeller and enhanced motor has resulted in a 57% increase in the overall efficiency of the fan whilst reducing the noise level by up to -9dB(A).Environmental protection options include conformal coating for environments with high moisture content, to encapsulated
Environmental protection options include a conformal coating for environments with high moisture content, to encapsulated electronics and salt spray protection (IP54/IP68).
The speed control inputs available include:
- NTC thermistor with on board speed vs temperature control profile
- Open collector PWM
- Analogue voltage input on request
Condition monitoring outputs include:
- Open collector Pulsed tacho output
- Fan go/no-go alarm
- Fan alarm with speed limit
In addition to these features, a long service life, robust mechanical design and improved EMC mean that the new 4300N fan series is the most ecological, economical and versatile fan assembly in its class.