PSoC 6: A Cypress Microcontroller Purpose-Built for the Internet of ThingsFollow article
Designers of next generation IoT devices now don’t have to choose between high performance and ultra-low power, as the new PSoC 6 MCU architecture delivers both.
Built on an advanced, ultra-low-power 40nm process technology, PSoC 6 sets a new, industry leading ultra-low-power benchmark. It bridges the gap between power hungry application processors and low performance single core MCUs that are used today in IoT devices. PSoC 6 provides the ultra-low-power and high-performance required by IoT devices today, with its dual-core ARM®Cortex®-M architecture, and the cutting-edge ultra-low-power 40-nm process technology it is built on. And in addition to this balance, this new MCU architecture seamlessly integrates critical, hardware-based security that will be in imperative in the devices of the future. As stated above, this is a game changing device by Cypress that will be defining – in the era of the Internet of Things.
The Internet of Things is connecting everyday physical objects to the internet that have never been connected before. This is now a commercial reality, and will only become more of a reality with time. An estimated 30 billion everyday physical objects will be a part of the Internet of Things by 2020.
Embedded solutions are the heart of the IoT, and engineers designing such systems require a few different things:
- Extended battery life without sacrificing performance
- Innovative and differentiated features that provide value to their end customers
- Protection of their end-products against cyber vulnerabilities and threats
PSoC 6, being purpose-built for IoT applications, addresses these critical requirements and more, delivering the following features:
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-M4 and ARM Cortex-M0+, running at 150-MHz and 100-MHz, ultra-low-power 40nm architecture
- Industry-leading ultra-low-power design that consumes as little as 22-μA/MHz in active power modes
- Best-in-class flexibility with wired and wireless connectivity options, software defined peripherals and industry-leading CapSense®
- Integrated, hardware-based Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) with secure data storage
- And with these capabilities, PSoC 6 drives a new standard for the Internet of Things, enabling end products with:
PSoC 6 is truly an IoT Game Changer. Want to stay informed?
Click here to join the PSoC 6 Community. In this community, you will receive the latest news on our PSoC 6 solutions, interact with us in the discussion forum, and get more information on the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE), available to purchase at RS-Components. We will be updating content on this community frequently and interacting through the discussion forums with you and other members.