People.Planet.Product. Student Design Challenge - Finalists Announced!Follow article
How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
The People.Planet.Product. Student Design Challenge was launched to inspire engineering innovation and empower global communities.
In partnership with The Washing Machine Project, our challenge creates an opportunity for students to advance the design and accessibility of the Divya manual crank washing machine and help improve lives.
Students were tasked with submitting their ideas to challenges posed by The Washing Machine Project, based on real-world problems, and we are very excited to share the finalists with you...
-- THE FINALISTS ---
- Joe Baker, Coventry University, UK - Planet Challenge
- Team Neolithic, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore - Product Challenge
- Kai Goodall, The University of Cape Town, South Africa - Product Challenge
- Navpreet Singh, Middlesex University, UK - Product Challenge
- Ketki Mehta, Cardiff University, UK - Planet Challenge
- Team Scentury, National University of Singapore, Singapore - Product Challenge
Finalists will now develop their ideas in preparation for the live final, and have unlocked:
- Mentoring from a Product Designer/Application Engineer, from one of our supporters: Elvie, Shark Ninja, Protolabs
- A session with a Graphic Designer to create 1 logo
- A Pitching Masterclass from our Grass Roots Skills SuperStar Wayne Hutt
- A £250 GBP RS Basket
- Free add-on modules for DesignSpark Mechanical
--- REVIEWERS ---
Thank you to our team of reviewers:
- David Pritchard
- Eryn Blount
- Joy Choudhuri
- Bill Dawe
- David Pike
- Josh Bowen
- Volker de Haas
- Bill Marshall
- Elvis Tinago
- Kelvin Tse
- Yan Wai
- Natalia Ibagon Sanchez
- Eileen Yap
- Steven Halls
- Jon Placzek
“This project is a wonderful example of how creative engineering can solve real-world problems, and I am proud to be part of this community.” - David Pike
--- LIVE FINAL ---
Join us for the live virtual final, Friday 26th November, 12 pm to 2pm.
We have an incredible line-up of judges:
- Navjot Sawhney, Founder, The Washing Machine Project
- Bjoern Klaas, CEO EMEA region, Protolabs
- Eleonora Gatti, Innovation Portfolio Manager (WASH and Climate Change), Unicef
- Clare Larkspur, Head of Product Management, Elvie
- Simon Wells, VP Engineering, Shark Ninja
- Mike Bray, VP DesignSpark, Electrocomponents
- £1000 in RS parts or cash equivalent to support prototype development
- Access to a business mentor
- A session with The Washing Machine Project Founder, Navjot Sawhney
--- SUPPORTERS ---