OPC UA on the Phoenix Contact AXC F 2152, 3 Of 3 Node-Red and TestingFollow article
This is part three of three videos, now we will configure Node-Red on a Raspberry PI 3B+ with OPC UA modules leveraging Secure and Encrypted communications to the PLCnext 2152 Starter kit
In the first video I showed how to set up the environment OPC UA on the Phoenix Contact AXC F 2152, Part 1 Of 3 Configure the Environment
In the second I showed how to configure the parameters and mapping to hardware ready for integration to an OPC UA Client. OPC UA on the Phoenix Contact AXC F 2152, 2 Of 3 Configure Parameters and Mappings
In this the the last instalment I will conclude by showing in detail how to configure Node-Red on a Raspberry PI 3B+ with OPC UA modules leveraging Secure and Encrypted communications and demonstrate the sample system in operation, we will also see how to configure a limited access user on the PLCnext and PI to limit access and security risk.
The Hardware setup, the IR Temperature Sensor is connected to analog input 2, the Lascar SGD 28M (Panel Meter) is connected to Analog out 2, everything else is connected as delivered.
Node-Red Flows Screen
Node-Red Dashboard UI Screen
Other products used for this demonstration are linked below:
- Node-Red OPC UA module
- PLCnext Starter Kit
- PCWorx Engineer
- Phoenix Contact PLCnext community Forums
- Phoenix Contact PLC Next Datasheets, Sample Programs etc
- RS Pro Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Sensor,
- Lascar PanelPilot LED Digital Panel Multi-Function Meter for Voltage,
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
The AXC F 2152 starter kit includes the following:
- PLCnext Control AXC F 2152
- Supply voltage switch module
- Digital input (8) and output (8) module
- Analog input (2) and output (2) module
- Potentiometer module
- 8 Switch module to stimulate the Digital Inputs
- 1-year PROFICLOUD license
- 24V 1A universal power supply unit with country-specific adapter plugs
- CAT5 patch cable
- Getting Started Documentation.
I would like to thank RS Components and Phoenix Contact for providing me with this starter kit for review at no cost.