OPC UA on the Phoenix Contact AXC F 2152, 2 Of 3 Configure Parameters and MappingsFollow article
This is the second of three videos where I will demonstrate how to use OPC UA on the PLCnext Starter kit.
In the first video I showed how to set up the environment OPC UA on the Phoenix Contact AXC F 2152, Part 1 Of 3 Configure the Environment
In this video, I show how to configure the parameters and mapping to physical IO prior to use and confirm remote availability using PCWorx.
In the last instalment, I will conclude by showing how to configure Node-Red on a Raspberry PI 3B+ with OPC UA modules leveraging Secure and Encrypted communications.
The Hardware setup, the IR Temperature Sensor is connected to Analog input 2, the Lascar SGD 28M (Panel Meter) is connected to Analog out 2, everything else is connected as delivered.
Other products used for this demonstration are linked below:
- Node-Red OPC UA module
- PLCnext Starter Kit
- PCWorx Engineer
- Phoenix Contact PLCnext community Forums
- Phoenix Contact PLC Next Datasheets, Sample Programs etc
- RS Pro Non-Contact Infrared Temperature Sensor (161-8103)
- Lascar PanelPilot LED Digital Panel Multi-Function Meter for Voltage (704-8131)
The AXC F 2152 starter kit includes the following:
- PLCnext Control AXC F 2152
- Supply voltage switch module
- Digital input (8) and output (8) module
- Analog input (2) and output (2) module
- Potentiometer module
- 8 Switch module to stimulate the Digital Inputs
- 1-year PROFICLOUD license
- 24V 1A universal power supply unit with country-specific adapter plugs
- CAT5 patch cable
- Getting Started Documentation.
I would like to thank RS Components and Phoenix Contact for providing me with this starter kit for review at no cost.
Tip: The image is very large, right click and open in a new tab to see it at full resolution