How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
RS Components are now stocking the Brainboxes BB-400,
The BB-400 NeuronEdge combines Brainboxes proven IO and serial connectivity with a range of network connections to allow data to flow to the application of your choice. The innovative design uses a Raspberry Pi Compute module and an Arduino to provide edge processing. The Pi is supported by a power management system, making it match the robust demands of industry. This allows you to develop on Raspberry Pi and deploy seamlessly to the factory floor.
The device offers the flexibility of PC systems with open source API programming options to make integration and customisation user friendly. Combining insights from machinery of all types and ages can be done through a preferred programming language, such as C# and Python or visually in Node-RED, circumventing many of the interoperability issues that have traditionally hampered integrated automation.
At a glance:
- 8 Digital IO lines
- Works with common 0-30V sensors
- 1 Ethernet port for wider network
- 1 Ethernet port for LAN network
- Extendable Wi-Fi antenna
- Bluetooth - for wireless sensors
- UPS power management - prevents corruption
- Dual redundant 5-30 VDC power supply
- Raspberry Pi Compute 3+ module and Arduino processing power
- Edge processing sends relevant data to your application or the cloud
- Highly compatible open source software
- Customise with APIs and Docker containers, REST, Websockets, or .NET APIs
- Program in your favourite language or use out-of-the-box applications
Brainboxes are providing a solution that enables you to achieve a significant step on your Industry 4 journey out of the box. See for yourself how easy it can be to start producing meaningful insight with the BB-400 NeuronEdge controller.
Buy now from RS Components