New ultra-wide bandwidth vibrometer for condition monitoringFollow article
How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
The STMicroelectronics' IIS3DWBsystem-in-package (SiP) features a 3-axis digital vibration sensor with an ultra-wide and flat frequency range of up to 6kHz. The device is well suited for vibration monitoring and predictive maintenance applications within the industrial environments due to wide bandwidth, low noise, very stable and repeatable sensitivity as well as the capability of operating over an extended temperature range (up to +105 °C).
- 3-axis vibration sensor with digital output
- User-selectable full-scale: ±2/±4/±8/±16 g
- Ultra-wide and flat frequency response range: from dc to 6 kHz (±3 dB point)
- Ultra-low noise density: down to 75 µg/√Hz in 3-axis mode / 60 µg/√Hz in single-axis mode
- High stability of the sensitivity over temperature and against mechanical shocks
- Extended temperature range from -40 to +105 °C
- Low power: 1.1 mA with all 3 axes delivering full performance
- SPI serial interface
- A low-pass or high-pass filter with a selectable cut-off frequency
- Interrupts for wake-up / activity - inactivity / FIFO thresholds
- Embedded FIFO: 3 kB
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test
- Supply voltage: 2.1 V to 3.6 V
- Compact package: LGA 2.5 x 3 x 0.83 mm 14-lead
- ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant
The IIS3DWB vibration sensor is featured on the STWIN SensorTile wireless industrial node (STEVAL-STWINKT1B) development kit, making it even easier to develop your predictive maintenance and condition monitoring applications.
Other Sensors for Predictive Maintenance & Condition Monitoring from STMicroelectronics
|Part Numbers||Key Features|