Microchip Technology launch USB C pocket power meterFollow article
The PAC1934 USB-C PowerMeterprovides a high precision approach for measuring the power consumption over a USB Type-C bus. The on-board OLED display and navigation switch make it easy to swap between different measurement screens.
Let's take a look at Mitch Polonsky from Microchip showcasing the PAC1934
- USB Type C Power Monitor
- PAC1934 Quad DC Power and Energy Accumulation
- Provides information on, Bus voltage, Current, Instantaneous Power consumption, Energy accumulation, CC pins voltage
- Can be used to profile power consumption on various USB-powered devices
- User-friendly menus, with joystick navigation and OLED display
- The screen can be rotated 180 degrees to ease operation
- "Screen saver” feature further reduces the device internal power consumption, with no data or precision loss.
This product will be available at RS Components, checkfor ordering information
Looking to explore an easy route to introducing USB Type-C connectivity into new and existing applications alike. Then the Microchip UTC2000 USB Type-C Controller and EVK-UTC2000 evaluation kit is something you should consider checking out.