Internet of Things - 26 billion and countingFollow article
- Will we end up with isolated pockets of IoT intelegence ?
- Will equipment made by manufacturer A communicate with that made by manufacturer B ?
- Do we need a dedicated IoT protocol that is adopted by all manufacturers ?
The following is a list of IoT protocols that are currently employed (Source http://postscapes.com/internet-of-things-protocols )
- IPv6 Internet Layer protocol
- 6LoWPAN IPv6 over Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks
- UDP A simple OSI transport layer
- uIP Open source TCP/IP stack for 8 and 16-bit micro controllers
- DTLS Datagram Transport Layer privacy for datagram protocols.
- CoAP A application layer protocol that is intended for resource-constrained internet devices
- XMPP Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol open technology for real-time communication
- XMPP-IoT XMPP for machine to human communication
- Mihini/M3DA Software component mediator between an M2M server and embedded applications
- AMQP Advanced Message Queuing Protocol for message-oriented middleware.
- DDS Data-Distribution Service for Real-Time Systems
I hope you found this blog useful , please feel free to comment
I can be found on Twitter @peterjfrancis