Industry trends helping to improving comfort & performance for RespiratorsFollow article
One of the trends within the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) industry is to constantly improve comfort, without impacting performance and hence enabling the user to wear the equipment longer without discomfort.
This is exactly what 3M have done with the improved Particulate Respirators 8825+which has a protection rating of FFP2 and the 8835+ which has a protection rating of FFP3, in making them more comfortable to wear and longer lasting, so improving productivity and also reducing costs.
These disposable respirators provide effective respiratory protection for use in industries where workers will be exposed to solid (dust) particles and/or non-volatile liquid particles, but will only offer protection if it is correctly selected, fitted and worn throughout the time when the wearer is exposed to hazards.
The enhancements / benefits these disposable respirators feature are:
- Breathe Easy – these masks feature a large surface area, which means breathing resistance has been reduced and this has further been improved on the 8835+ mask with a new improved filter construction.
- Cool & Comfortable – As well as the large surface area, these masks also feature 3M™ Cool Flow™ Valve, which effectively removes the exhaled air, so reducing the heat and moisture build-up, making the mask more comfortable to wear over long periods.
- Better Fit – The improved design features a new soft, pliable face seal, which forms a better and more comfortable seal for an improved fit to more wearers, due to the differing face shapes and sizes
- See Clearly – With the new face seal having a better fit and the 3M™ Cool Flow™ Valve directs exhaled air away from the face, these help prevent hot air fogging eyewear.
- Longer Lasting – The improved seal is more durable and can be wiped clean after use, so it can be used for more than one shift.
These features can be clearly seen in the video: