First Project: Experimental Setup "Ariadne" using DSMFollow article
I have completed three months of work on my first project using DSM.
Its an experimental setup called "Ariadne" based at the Foundation for Research & Technology-Hellas, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
We have transferred from 2D to 3D. Every single component has been designed from scratch with DSM as part of my training with this software, which I find amazingly powerful.
I have learned tons of new things so far and I'm still learning. I have spent another two months (November, December 2019) searching the market for a good free (but professional) software to learn, as it was not convenient to use extremely expensive platforms like Solidworks (which I no longer use).
Although I come up with a few bugs (or lack of knowledge) from time to time, it gets better day by day. Certain things, that have been difficult to design in the beginning, or have been done in a rather complicated way, are now being done more easily and efficiently, and the sky is the limit!
Although I am familiar with RS as we have been customers for many years (i am a research technician at FORTH-IESL), it was a pleasant surprise discovering this new opportunity we are offered by the company!
A few words about the setup. It consists of five interconnected vacuum chambers, that are being pumped with a number of low and high vacuum pumps (fully designed with DSM as well, following 2D drawings by the manufacturers). The dimensions of the setup are 2127 X 1938 X 1000 mm.