Faster IoT Cloud Development with the Renesas Synergy AE-CLOUD2 KitFollow article
How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
The Renesas Synergy AE-CLOUD2 IoT Cloud Development Kit Renesas Synergy Cloud Toolbox, including Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud for displaying gathered sensory data on web dashboards.has recently landed on the store shelves at RS Components. Cleverly designed for those involved in embedded IoT development and prototyping the AE-CLOUD2 Kit allows them to quickly, easily and securely connect IoT devices and sensors to the cloud via LTE mobile, Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Everything they will need for the effective development and debugging of the software that collates sensory information and communicates securely with the cloud is included in this comprehensive development kit. The AE-CLOUD2 can connect to a variety of IoT cloud platforms as well as the
What do you get in the Kit?
- Renesas Synergy S5D9 MCU board
- Wi-Fi Board
- LTE-CATM1 Cellular Connectivity Board
- 2x USB cables and 1x Ethernet cable
- Cellular Antenna
- GPS Antenna
- Quick Start Guide
The MCU Board
Based around the powerful, HMI optimised Renesas Synergy S5D9, is the beating heart of the AE-CLOUD2 kit - the MCU board.
Some of the main features:
- Synergy S5D9 MCU - Cortex M4, 2 MB code flash/640 KB SRAM/64 KB data flash
- Quad SPI flash – the MCU flash memory expandable with external 256 Mbits (32 MB) memory device connected over a high-speed QSPI interface
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Magnetometer, environmental, ambient light, MEMs microphone
- 3 User-defined LEDs
- USB device interface, UART, I 2 C, SPI, RJ45, Arduino-Compatible Expansion Headers, PMOD interface header
- Grove connectors - compatible with the Seeed Studio’s peripheral modules
- J-Link On-Board SEGGER debugging probe based on Synergy S124 MCU
The Arduino Headers
The Arduino-compatible headers allow interfacing with a varied range of Arduino Shields. Most of the interface signals are connected directly to the MCU pins allowing their configuration to be changed depending on the specific application.
The Wi-Fi and the Cellular
Cellular Board atop the MCU board, and the WiFi Board
Inside you will also find a Wi-Fi board based on the GT202 module incorporating Qualcomm’s intelligent QCA4002 system on a chip supporting 802.11 protocols. There is also a cellular connectivity shield based on the Quectel BG96 module, providing powerful 4G/LTE Cat-M1 and 4G/LTE Cat-NB1 support with the back-up of 2G/EGPRS mobile networks. And that’s not all, there is also an integrated GPS receiver for position-tracking applications, everything the IoT embedded development engineer could possibly need!
For a full and comprehensive run-down on the abilities and technical specifications of the Renesas Synergy AE-CLOUD2 IoT Cloud Development kit, please download the attached spec sheet and white paper at the end of this introductory article.