DIY Photon Propulsion – Innovation meets DesignSpark’s maker sense

VdH
Volker de Haas started electronics and computing with a KIM1 and machine language in the 70s. Then FORTRAN, PASCAL, BASIC, C, MUMPS. Developed complex digital circuits and analogue electronics for neuroscience labs (and his MD grade). Later: database engineering, C++, C#, industrial hard- and software developer (transport, automotive, automation). Designed and constructed the open-source PLC / IPC "Revolution Pi". Now offering advanced development and exceptional exhibits.

Comments

April 7, 2020 08:38

• Moderated

hi Vdh your experiment is really good. Looking fwd to joining your team... is that possible? my email is manthandixit455.md@gmail.com please inbox me if i can be of any help.

VdH

April 8, 2020 07:49

@ManthanManojDixit Sorry if we fooled you... But when Andrew and I will start the 2021 April's project (ion thruster) I'll get back to your offer :-)

April 6, 2020 06:39

FANTASTIC!! I absolutely loved your genuinely surprised reaction :•D

VdH

April 8, 2020 07:49

@RacingtoMars Thnx! Took a week of drama school to get it genuinely ;-)

April 2, 2020 15:12

Very cool indeed! Could you please demonstrate an ion thruster next :D

VdH

April 2, 2020 15:13

@Andrew Back Tha's scheduled for next year. Would you like to join the team?

April 6, 2020 06:38

@VdH why not! We have two rotary vane pumps: one is used as the roughing pump for our SEM's turbomolecular pump, while the other is much larger and was used for pumping down industrial refrigeration systems before filling with gas. Been looking for a nice chamber for various high vacuum experiments... :o) Also some interesting open source work being done here: https://appliedionsystems.com/

April 2, 2020 15:14

Hi VdH - I am also working on a new system, it's for teleportation. I just need to wait for Starfleet Command to be established so I can sell it to them, bests regards, Montgomery Scott (just remember you can't mix matter and anti-matter cold!)

VdH

April 2, 2020 15:14

@HarryO1 good to know! Please publish your ideas at DS. It could raise the interest and therefore the price you can achieve.

April 2, 2020 15:14

Your calculations appear to be off by a factor of 10,000.

VdH

April 2, 2020 15:14

@SheldonCooper Where exactly can you see this mistake? Estimations or calculations? Which equation?