Cypress PSoC 6 Prototyping BoardsFollow article
How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
If you have been trying out some of the incredible functionality available on a PSOC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit - CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BTand want to get serious about prototyping your own PSoC 6 based design, then you may be inspired jump in with both feet by a couple of recent releases from Cypress that will make your first go that much easier: the PSoC® 6 BLE Prototyping Board - CY8CPROTO-063-BLE and the PSoC® 6 Wi-Fi® BT Prototyping Kit - CY8CPROTO-062-4343W .
PSoC® 6 BLE Prototyping Board
The great thing about the PSoC 6 BLE Prototyping Board is that it gives you easy access to all the MCU I/Os in a breadboard-compatible format and a fully certified, integrated, and programmable (royalty-free) Bluetooth 5.0 BLE stack to use in your design. It also gives you some dev-board essentials such as an LED, a push button, and jumpers for current measuring.
This Board is designed in modular, snap-away segments allowing users to separate the on-board KitProg programmer and debugger module from the target board so you can use them independently. The Prototyping Board also features a mikroBUS™ interface giving your PSoC 6 instant access to the functionality of MikroElektronika’s 500+ click boards™.
- CYBLE-416045-02 Creator Module with:
- Cypress Semiconductor PSoC 63 BLE Microcontroller
- Up to 36 GPIOs with programmable drive modes, strengths, and slew rates
- 1MB Application Flash with 32KB EEPROM area and 32KB Secure Flash
- Integrated trace antenna and passive components
- PSoC 6 MCU I/O headers
- PSoC Creator Integrated Design Environment (IDE)
- 2x LEDs to provide feedback
- 1x push button for user input
- Footprint for External Crystal Oscillator (ECO) [2.0mm x 1.6mm, 24MHz]
- External Watch Crystal Oscillator (WCO) at 32.768kHz
- KitProg2 onboard programmer/debugger with CMSIS-DAP mode and USB to UART/I2C bridge functionality
- Perforated, modular snap-away board design
- 8V to 3.3V operation
PSoC® 6 Wi-Fi® BT Prototyping Kit
If your need is more towards WiFi, don’t worry: you haven’t been left out! The PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT Prototyping Kit also features a modular, snap-away board design.
The modular features include a CY8CMOD-062-4343W daughter card, an industry-leading CapSense® card with touch buttons and slider, a KitProg3 on-board programmer/debugger, a microSD card, 512Mb Quad-SPI NOR flash, a PDM microphone, and a thermistor module. Also included is a Murata Type 1DX (LBEE5KL1DX) 2.4GHz WLAN and Bluetooth® module, based on the CYW4343W Single-Chip 802.11 b/g/n MAC/Baseband/Radio supporting Bluetooth 4.1.
- Cypress Semiconductor PSoC 62 Microcontroller
- 2MB flash and 1MB SRAM
- 150MHz Arm Cortex-M4, 100MHz Arm Cortex-M0+
- Dedicated SDIO controller
- Ultra-low 22μA/MHz power consumption
- Murata LBEE5KL1DX 2.4GHz WLAN and Bluetooth Module based on Cypress Semiconductor CYW4343W SoC
- 11 b/g/n MAC/baseband/radio with Bluetooth 4.1
- Integrated Power Amplifier (PA) for low-power handheld systems
- Integrated Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) for best-in-class receiver sensitivity
- On-board 512Mb QSPI NOR Flash Memory
- MicroSD card interface
- Micro-B connector for USB device interface
- CapSense touch-sensing slider (5 elements), and two buttons, capable of self-capacitance (CSD) and mutual-capacitance (CSX) operation
- KitProg3 onboard programmer/debugger with CMSIS-DAP mode and USB to UART/I2C bridge functionality
- Thermistor ambient temperature sensor
- 2x PDM-PCM microphones for voice input
- Digilent Pmod™ interface compatible expansion headers
- User LED, user button, plus reset button for PSoC 6 MCU
- Mode switch and two status LEDs for KitProg3
- 8V to 3.3V operation
Both boards can be used with Cypress' Eclipse-based Modus Toolbox Integrated Development Environment (IDE). There is full support for Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®.
Modus Toolbox provides developers with a sophisticated environment and Software Development Kit (SDK) libraries supporting easy system setup, wireless connectivity, power analysis, application-specific configurators for Bluetooth®Low Energy (BLE), CapSense®, as well as other peripherals.
Cypress also give you a ton of example programs to work from when you start out.