Craftalight - the OSHW USB-powered LED light for your handbag (now on Kickstarter)Follow project
Start hacking your handbag or back-pack with Craftalight the small USB powered sew-able LED light.
- Hackable: open-source hardware and firmware
- Small and light: 70x20x6.5mm and ~10g
- Available with white and black PCB solder mask
- Adjustable brightness
- Warm white LEDs (3200K) under a frosted acrylic diffusor window
- Hall-Effect switch to detect when the purse is opened
- High quality and low-stress design components
- EPDM rubber seal to prevent dust accumulating between the PCB and the acrylic diffuser
- Sew-able using the holes in the PCB
- Includes a strong, sew-able magnet
- for you to tinker: most unused microcontroller pins are broken out to soldering pads
- DesignSpark PCB used as E-CAD for the design
While the Kickstarter campaign ended without meeting the funding target we decided to manufacture a first small batch and see where we get anyway.
All sources were released as Open Source (CERN licence for the hardware and GPLv3 for the firmware) and certified as OSHW by the OSHWA.
Have a look at our Github repositories:
A personal note from your DesignSpark Community Manager
Thanks so much for sharing your Kickstarter campaign. I’ve personally pledged to help bring this Kickstarter project – designed entirely FREE using DesignSpark PCB – to life. You can pledge to get your own hackable handbag/back-pack LED light too and never need to fumble in the dark again!