Craftalight - the OSHW USB-powered LED light for your handbag (now on Kickstarter)
Start hacking your handbag or back-pack with Craftalight the small USB powered sew-able LED light.
- Hackable: open-source hardware and firmware
- Small and light: 70x20x6.5mm and ~10g
- Available with white and black PCB solder mask
- Adjustable brightness
- Warm white LEDs (3200K) under a frosted acrylic diffusor window
- Hall-Effect switch to detect when the purse is opened
- High quality and low-stress design components
- EPDM rubber seal to prevent dust accumulating between the PCB and the acrylic diffuser
- Sew-able using the holes in the PCB
- Includes a strong, sew-able magnet
- for you to tinker: most unused microcontroller pins are broken out to soldering pads
- DesignSpark PCB used as E-CAD for the design
The Kickstarter campaign is currently running. We'll publish more details, the full schematic, source code, etc after the campaign ends.
A personal note from your DesignSpark Community Manager
Thanks so much for sharing your Kickstarter campaign. I’ve personally pledged to help bring this Kickstarter project – designed entirely FREE using DesignSpark PCB – to life. You can pledge to get your own hackable handbag/back-pack LED light too and never need to fumble in the dark again!