How do you feel about this article? Help us to provide better content for you.
Thank you! Your feedback has been received.
There was a problem submitting your feedback, please try again later.
What do you think of this article?
Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today's tutorial, I am going to share a new electronic component named as 2N2222. I am gonna discuss all the basic details of this transistor. It's an NPN Bipolar junction transistor and has a wide range of applications associated with it.
Here's the 2N2222 Pinout Diagram and then I will start the basic details of it:
Basics of 2N2222
- 2N2222 is an NPN transistor, which means it has a single P doped layer embedded between two N doped layers.
- It's a Bipolar junction transistor abbreviated as BJT.
- It has three terminals named as:
- It's a current controlled transistor.
- It has a Collector current of 800 mA.
- Power Dissipation of 2N2222 is 500mW.
- It can operate between -65 C to 200 C temperature.
- Collector base voltage of 2n2222 is 60.
- Collector Emitter Voltage of 2n2222 is 30.
- Emitter Base voltage of 2n2222 is 5.
Working of 2N2222
- As I have mentioned before, it's a current controlled transistor.
- So, a small current at the base terminal is used to drive high current between the other two terminals.
- It is used for switching purposes because of its fast response time.
Applications of 2N2222
It has a wide range of applications and I am gonna discuss few of them here:
- It is used for current amplification.
- It is also used as a switch to turn ON or OFF any appliances automatically.
- Because of its fast response time, it can be used for pulse width modulation.
- It is mostly used in embedded and automation projects.
So, that was all about this Bipolar Junction transistor named as 2N2222. If you guys get into any trouble while working on the transistor then ask in comments and I will try my best to resolve them. Will meet you guys in the next tutorial. Till then take care and have fun !!! :)