Asset management and theft prevention with RFID cable tiesFollow article
Hellermann Tyton has developed a range of nylon and metal identification cable ties with RFID tag to enable users to easily fix the RFID tag to equipment that needs to carry a serial number for tracking and identification purposes.
There are currently three options available with more configurations currently in development. Each variant comes fitted with the appropriate RFID transponder.
What is RFID?
Data relating to an item is stored on a RFID tag attached to an item, in this case a cable tie. Similar to a bar code the tag is a data carrier, it carries data programmed into a small computer chip and operates at a wide range of frequencies.
- Theft prevention
- Keg and gas cylinder tracking
- Asset management
- Attendance verifizcation
- Security tagging
- Leak detection
- Essential maintenance
- Baggage tagging
Benefits of RFID:
- Elimination of clerical errors in recording data
- Faster data collection
- Reduction in labour
- Reduction in paperwork required
- Ability to hold more data than barcodes
- Eliminated paper based inspections/reporting
- Manage equipment inspections, maintenance work etc
- Comply with legislation
- Generate equipment reports
- Control your stores management
- Increase reporting and inspections accuracy
- Share up to date information
Advantages of RFI over other ID technologies:
- Reliable operation in harsh environments (i.e. wet, dusty, dirty conditions; corrosive environments, vibration and shock)
- No need for contact or line-of-sight
- Freedom from line-of-sight constraints (transponders can be read irrespective of orientation and through virtually any material, including flush mounted in or surface mounted on metals)