A great 3D printer has recently been released under the RS Pro Brand that incorporates some great features we at DesignSpark needed to shout about.
The RS Pro iTX PC 3D Printer has been designed with ease of use and with an easy upgrade path firmly at the forefront of its design. With quick-change components like the VariBLOCK head unit, PCB’s and the filament extruder, and the fact that it is open source means it can be modified by anyone with the necessary skills.
Wait…there’s a PC in there!
A key feature is the built-in PC, which is based around an ASROCK Mini ITX, sporting an AMD FT3 Kabini A4 quad-core processor and an AMD Radeon 4K graphics card, Ethernet access, sound card, 8GB Ram and a 500GB SATA disc-drive. This built-in PC, which is running Windows 10 Home, allows your do add whatever peripherals you want, such as a monitor, keyboard and mouse, networking etc. for dealing with your 3D CAD designs at the coal face. Plus, you can upgrade the PC if you need to!
And to top it all off, the iTX PC 3D Printer can be used with DesignSpark Mechanical! There’s a guide included with the iTX that shows you how to install it, so now you can design and print on the same device, how handy is that?
Some of the RS Pro ITX 3D Printer Features
- VariBLOCK head unit allows for interchangeable extruder head systems
- Easy maintenance of serviceable parts
- Heated build plate, 40 to 100 degrees C
- Fused Filament Fabrication process
- Uses 1.75mm filament
- Nozzle size options 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.1 and 1mm
- Nozzle head temperature range 170-260 Degrees C
- Filament types PLA, ABS, PETG and others
- Layer resolution 80 to 800 Microns
- Fast and accurate with high-precision
- Bright and easy to read LCD screen
- Fully Integrated and upgradable ASRock Mini iTX based PC
- 8GB of RAM upgradeable to 32GB
- AMD Radeon 4K –VGA-HDMI HD8330 Graphics card
- 500GB SATA disc-drive (upgradeable)
- Works with Repetier host, Simplify 3D, Octoprint and more
- Windows 10 Home operating system