The gateway to online resources and design support for engineers, powered by RS ComponentsAllied

+Post a new topic

What are you doing with your Raspberry Pi

Avatar Posted by David Tarrant at

Why not share what you are doing with your Raspberry Pi

Replies

Posted by dividebyzero at

After I have learned my way around it I'll be using it to remotely control a very low powered ham radio beacon transmitter mounted at the feedpoint of the antenna. I hope to control it from a wifi link to my Mac and a custom application which will enable me to change mode, frequency and time without leaving my lounge. OK I could more easily do this with an Arduino but this is very much a learning exercise.

Posted by Pyplate at

I'm using mine as a web server. I've installed Apache, and set up a Python web framework. You can see it at http://raspberrywebserver.com. I've ordered more Pies, and I hope to set up a load balanced cluster.

Posted by Torna at

For now I use RPi on 3 projects :

Posted by Pete Wood at

Have you seen what Dave Akerman Does?

http://www.daveakerman.com/

Posted by jwzumwalt at

efis_04.png
    efis_04.png (158.11 KiB) Viewed 1180 times

I am making a EFIS (Electronic Flight Instrument System) for the experimental aircraft I am designing ([url]SkySaber.com[/url]).
    The RPI will handle sesnor input and use a 7" 12v LCD monitor to display the information. A major interface component will be a 10DOF sensor for attitude and magnetic heading.

Posted by Patrick Kwok at

I am using the rasberry pi in my CAS (Computer as source) Hi-fi system.

Using PiCoreplayer

Posted by Boss at

Switched on my Raspberry Pi at the weekend........ Awesome!

I now have lots of ideas, but here is a simple one on which I would like your comments and advice.

I work as a volunteer with REMAP which helps people with disabilities when the 'commercial' options run out, i.e. the solution required is too individual, so products like the Raspberry Pi offer many opportunities.

But I am also aware of an ageing population and individuals with zero PC experience and hence no internet or email access.

My project suggestion is very simple "A switch on and go web browser", it just does that!
    I have yet to research what others have done, but it needs to meet the following requirements:

1. Be robust and not allow user errors to corrupt.
    2. Not require web updates or installs
    3. Not require support packages such as firewalls, AV etc., (unless built in)
    4. Not allow user downloads, to prevent corruption.
    5. Have a clean boot option in-case of any errors.
    6. It would need a method of handling and storing email addresses, web logon accounts etc.,
    7. It would be good to allow web purchases, but I'm unclear on how this can be kept secure and simple.

I think the above shows the intent of the design, so feel free to add other thoughts.

From memory Amstrad did a product like this many many years ago, but it failed, but with the maturity of products and the internet, perhaps now is the time?

Post a reply