The gateway to online resources and design support for engineers, powered by RS ComponentsAllied

+Post a new topic

How to add the basic first library?

I just installed DesignSpark and wanted to start a simple design. There seem to no libraries that come in the downloaded package, and I am not sure how to add them.

I.e. in case I want to add ne 555 (as in the PDF manual), how do I get there that the software will have that database? When I do: F3 > Find > Contains 555 ... nothing shows up.

Replies

Posted by overload at

Whoops, I just noted that the tutorial that is included in 4.0 is actually for an earlier version and doesn't match 4.0

So how can I add i.e. a '555' to a new design?

And is there a tutorial for version 4.0?

Posted by PeterCh at

I think you have to specify the directory path to the libraries. The library is located somewhere other than the program itself.

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

First when I installed 4.0 I put the user directories into my Dropbox folder, I thought that was the problem. Now I re-installed it just using the default folders, but the problem is the same.

From one of the online video I saw that the used the 'ModelSource' rather then F3 or F9. With the ModelSource I did manage to add some parts.

But it's all very confusing. I was looking for TPS62150 - which is not there. So I chose TPS62111, which in ModelSource is QFN, but in the schematics it's RSA16-L

Is there a way to add the TPS62150 from the TI website? RS doesn't carry that IC at all.

http://www.ti.com/product/tps62150

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

First when I installed 4.0 I put the user directories into my Dropbox folder, I thought that was the problem. Now I re-installed it just using the default folders, but the problem is the same.

From one of the online video I saw that the used the 'ModelSource' rather then F3 or F9. With the ModelSource I did manage to add some parts.

But it's all very confusing. I was looking for TPS62150 - which is not there. So I chose TPS62111, which in ModelSource is QFN, but in the schematics it's RSA16-L

Is there a way to add the TPS62150 from the TI website? RS doesn't carry that IC at all.

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

www.ti.com/product/tps62150

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

Posted by overload at

Thanks for your reply!

Post a reply