The gateway to online resources and design support for engineers, powered by RS ComponentsAllied

+Post a new topic

Using Design Spark/ Model Source - No values

Hi,

I am new to Design Spark. I am building up my schematic and sourcing components from Model Source.

For some reason the components are over labelled with manufacturer details and RS catalog codes, but no capacitor values.

For example: manufacturer code for a 10uf Capacitor is GRM21BR61A106KE19L. Design Spark insists on labelling the component with GRM21BR61A106KE19L rather than the 10uf notation..!

What I am doing wrong?

Any ideas?

problem.jpg
    problem.jpg (106.39 KiB) Viewed 278 times

Replies

Posted by Boss at

Hi highland43

For some reason the components are over labelled with manufacturer details and RS catalog codes, but no capacitor values.

For example: manufacturer code for a 10uf Capacitor is GRM21BR61A106KE19L. Design Spark insists on labelling the component with GRM21BR61A106KE19L rather than the 10uf notation..!

What I am doing wrong?

In your schematic, click on the component text to select it, then right click for the options. At the bottom of the list select "properties".

On the "text" tab, you probably have "reference name" and "component name" selected, e.g."R15" and "R 0.25W SMTF 10K "
      Now to display the component value, tick the "Values" box and then select the "Values" tab and you can see the list of additional items you can display.
      At the top of the list there is a "Value=...." box which you can select to display the component value.

You can also edit the value if it is missing or you wish to change it.

Note that if you don't want to display a particular field, just untick that box.

Posted by highland43 at

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated, I was thinking I was doing something wrong. I was expecting the model source database to upload a nice clean entry into Design Spark. There is quite a bit of messing around to do! Its actually easier to take the generic components and edit them to add the BOM data I already have.

Just built the schematic and made a layout with it, quite impressive.

Would be great if I could export the layout to Solidworks so I can mate the PCB board into the casing design, so my LEDS poke through.. Its probably a lot to ask!

Have a nice weekend.

Richard

Post a reply