The gateway to online resources and design support for engineers, powered by RS ComponentsAllied

+Post a new topic

Connection between items already exists - any way around it?

Is there any way to disable the 'connection between items already exists' error message?

This might be a daft point, but sometimes you want more than one connection between two items, especially where you are dealing with high power connections. I'm trying to manually add some extra copper off a pin but I just get this error and there is no option to ignore it.

I'm used to using Quickroute where you can add copper wherever you like. The schematic features of Design Spark are much better but it is lacking in the ability to manually route PCBs compared to Quickroute.

Replies

Posted by Boss at

Hi shughes

Is there any way to disable the 'connection between items already exists' error message?

Yes. This is a common question for those wanting to pass more current down a track, or for components with multiple 0V pins.

Simply go to <Settings> <Preferences> and select the "Interactions" tab. In the "PCB Interactions" box, tick the "Allow Duplicate Tracks" box.

You can now add copper where you like. If you are doing this for current or thermal reasons make sure you add additional vias for the current and heat requirements.

The schematic features of Design Spark are much better but it is lacking in the ability to manually route PCBs compared to Quickroute.

I cannot comment on Quickroute as I believe the last time I used that was under DOS! But I have manually routed all my designs in DS PCB and can only say one you become familiar with it's features you will find it very powerful.

Post a reply