The gateway to online resources and design support for engineers, powered by RS ComponentsAllied

+Post a new topic

DISCRETE LIBRARY

it is impossible to follow the tutorial instructions. The discrete library does not exist. Please tell me where found it.

Replies

Posted by RS Components Support at

Hello mlmantov

it is impossible to follow the tutorial instructions. The discrete library does not exist. Please tell me where found it.

On the DesignSpark PCB Home page (DesignSpark PCB on the yellow callout, select DesignSpark PCB Home)there are useful DSPCB items and in the "FAQ: I can't find library components I need", point 2 discusses access to the old V3 libraries.

FAQ link:
    viewtopic.php?t=9931

Posted by HomeGirl at

Start DS
    Click FILE-->LIBRARIES (CTRL+L)
    Click the FOLDERS tab
    In the bottom window selet the grey discrete.ssl
    Check the ENABLED box to the right of the window

It's now active

HomeGirl

Posted by HomeGirl at

You'll also have to activate:

discrete.cml
      discrete.psl

HomeGirl

Posted by henry_electric at

Thanks HomeGirl!

That certainly helped me getting started (which should be mentioned in the "Getting started" tutrorial, of course...

Posted by steamy at

Hi. I have recently started to try to use DSPCB but am stuck on the first part of the tutorial! It says on 'Creating the Schematic', page 13, select the DISCRETE file. Following the above entries on this post do not help. Opening the Folders tab in Library Manager shows only PCB 5.0 libraries and none that have the 'Legacy' files. Where do I find them and how do I proceed with the tutorial if I can't get access to them?

Posted by HomeGirl at

@Steamy
    I have DSPCB 5.0 and the discrete files are in the list. Scroll through as the list is sorted by folder then type.

The discrete libraries are in the users public folder (win7) within the groups of ssl, psl, and cml

HomeGirl

Posted by steamy at

Thanks, but I am still having a problem. I found the 'discretes.cml' library and I have found the discrete.xxx files and clicked 'enable' for each one. I can call 'Discrete' up in 'Add Component,' F9, but it is not populated - there are no components! Perhaps I have not loaded the library properly but it seems strange that I can get the library name but not it's contents. If I open any other library above or below 'discretes' I get a list of components. Can you guide me as to what I am doing wrong, or not doing, please?
    Thanks.

Posted by Cal Haines at

I'm a new user and I ran into this problem as well when I tried to do the schematic capture tutorial.

The problem is that the library folder needs to be enabled in the library manager for all of the libraries to show up. The tutorial titled "Components – Creation with Symbol and Footprint Wizards" walks you through the steps.

It's a simple matter of
    1. pressing Ctl-L to get to the library manager
    2. going to the folder tab
    3. highlighting the DesignSpark PCB 5.0\Library folder
    4. checking the folder enabled check box in the panel to the right

Cal

Posted by Cal Haines at

Well, I apologize, but the above does not fix the problem with the interaction bar. It worked for me one time and not since. It does allow you to access all of the libraries with Add Component (F3).

Cal

Post a reply